SubjectRe: 2.6.16-rc3: more regressions

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> I have some regressions [1] on my list that weren't metioned by Andrew:
> Subject : Xorg freezes 2.6.16-rc1

For this one, it would be interesting to see more info about the working
setup. Notably

- what modules are loaded by the time X is running
- any differences in 'dmesg' output from 2.6.15 to 16-rc1 (PCI allocation
issues should show up there)

I don't see any real differences in the radeonfb driver, for example
(there's some trivial cleanup, including things like speeling fixums, but
nothing that looks remotely likely).

Of course, in a perfect world, we'd have serial or network console
output.. X crashes are nastier than most, if only because the console is
mostly gone.