    SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] ISDN_CAPI_CAPIFS related cleanups
    Hello,

    I have no problems, when capifs is removed, but the pppdcapiplugin
    has to work without it.
    So if you want to remove capifs make sure pppdcapiplugin is
    working without problems together with udev ...

    I'm too busy to check pppdcapiplugin together with udev ....

    regards,

    calle

    Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 08:57:20PM +0100, Marcel Holtmann schrieb:
    > Hi Armin,

    > > > I am under the impression that it was introduced to change the ownership
    > > > of the device node the current process. Nothing more, nothing less.
    > > > Please correct me if I am wrong here.
    > >
    > > I really don't know. Calle should be asked, I think he did that.
    >
    > I asked him some time ago, but never got a final feedback for it.

    > > > Actually I stopped compiling in and using capifs over a year ago and I
    > > > never had any problems with it. However you must ensure that the device
    > > > has been created by udev, nut nowadays this is no problem.
    > >
    > > I use capi-ppp connections with capifs. If you don't use capifs, how do you
    > > do ppp over CAPI?
    > >
    > > What about the major number? Wouldn't we need a major number then?
    >
    > It has already a major number.
    >
    > > If udev is creating the device, it may be not existent when the application
    > > expects it. E.g. the application is doing the ioctl to retreive the
    > > connection number (filename) and expects to be able to open it. But in case
    > > of udev, it might be not done in that time. So the application needs to wait
    > > for some time..., but how long? I don't like this idea.
    >
    > This is a small race condition that existed with the original udev, but
    > it was easy to work around it. Adding a simple sleep is enough and I did
    > the same with Bluetooth RFCOMM. However it should be work nowadays, but
    > I am not 100% sure. We should check this with the udev guys.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Marcel

      Last update: 2006-02-12 12:22    [W:2.458 / U:0.136 seconds]