    SubjectRe: Packet writing issue on 2.6.15.1
    iSteve <isteve@rulez.cz> writes:

    > On 11 Feb 2006 12:30:03 +0100
    > Peter Osterlund <petero2@telia.com> wrote:
    > > Unfortunately the driver doesn't support variable packet sizes. You
    > > have to format the disc with a fixed packet size.
    > >
    > > Incidentally, the latest git tree (2.6.16-rc2-git10) already contains
    > > a change which would have made the mount command fail in this case.
    > >
    > I apologize for lack of insight in this matter, but... Where is the packet
    > fixed/variable size set? In the UDF filesystem? Or somewhere in metadata of the
    > CD?

    It's CD metadata.

    > Can I alter it with some data already on the CD, without losing the data?

    Not as far as I know. I think you have to copy the data to the
    harddisk, format the disc with cdrwtool and then copy the data back to
    the disc.

    > If the driver cannot handle variable packet size, and it is not matter of
    > filesystem but matter of CDRW (which I presume), shouldn't the whole pktsetup
    > fail?

    pktsetup can be run before there is a disc in the drive. Therefore,
    these kinds of checks are done when you attempt to open the device for
    writing.

    --
    Peter Osterlund - petero2@telia.com
    http://web.telia.com/~u89404340