    SubjectRe: CD-blanking leads to machine freeze with current -git [was: Re: CD writing in future Linux try #2 [ was: Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest) ]]
    On Friday 10 February 2006 14:19, Phillip Susi wrote:
    >Marc Koschewski wrote:
    >> I just tried blanking a CD-RW with the latest -git tree. The machine
    >> just became unresponsive and then froze. When it became unresponsive
    >> the clock in GNOME still displayed the current time but I could not
    >> focus any windows anymore. Then I had to hard reboot the machine.
    >> The logs say nothing. I repeat: nothing.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have similar problems?
    >
    >Instead of rebooting, just wait for the blanking to finish. My guess
    > is that your burner and hard drive are both on the same ide channel,
    > and so you can not access the disk while the burner is blanking. If
    > this is the case, put each drive on their own ide channel.

    It takes hard drive access to switch window focus? Yes, thats a
    question.

    --
    Cheers, Gene
    stupid bounce rules. I do use spamassassin too. :-)

      Last update: 2006-02-10 20:43    [W:0.048 / U:59.128 seconds]