Martin Mares <mj@ucw.cz> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> > Well, this is a deficit of the Linux kernel - not libscg.
>
> This is exactly what I have written -- extra effort is needed to get
> a stable numbering (which Solaris does), but you can use a very similar
> extra care to get stable names (which Linux with udev does).

As this conceptional deficite in Linux causes Linux to break POSIX
compliance e.g. for stat(2) with hot plugged devices, people with
sufficient background knowledge should know that Linux tried to fix a
low level bug at a high level ignoring that the mid-level is still broken.

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)