SubjectRe: 2.6.16-rc1-mm4
Avuton Olrich <avuton@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/31/06, Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org> wrote:
> > Avuton Olrich <avuton@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I'm getting a kernel panic on my Libretto L5 on boot, I don't have a
> > > serial port on this laptop, I don't have time at the moment to setup
> > > netconsole, and it doesn't get the full information. Hopefully this
> > > picture helps a bit:
> > >
> > > http://68.111.224.150:8080/P1010306.JPG
> > >
> > > If it doesn't help I will attempt to get a netconsole on this computer
> > > on the near future.
> >
> > jpeg is fine. It helps if you can get 50 rows on the screen - boot with
> > the appropriate `vga=' option, put SYSFONT="iso08.08" in
> > /etc/sysconfig/i18n, etc.
> >
> > It seems that some cpufreq notifier has done a divide-by-zero. But I can't
> > see any sign of which one it is. You might get a better trace if you set
> > CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER=n.
> >
> > If you could do those things and then prepare another photo it would really
> > help, thanks.
>
> Disabled CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER and changed my font to ultra small. It's
> painful to read so use a good image viewing tool with zoom :)
>
> http://68.111.224.150:8080/P1010001.JPG
>
> Also, I tried the cpufreq.debug=7 thing that Dave Jones recommended
> and got no more output than I got without. I may have done something
> wrong, please let me know if it's needed.

Ah, better, thanks.

You got the divide-by-zero in time_cpufreq_notifier(). John has been
playing with that in the time patches in -mm, so perhaps he broke it?

At a guess I'd say that there's some new startup ordering thing and
we're now passing zero into cpufreq_scale().

  Last update: 2006-02-01 11:09    [W:0.222 / U:0.036 seconds]