SubjectRe: Kernel 2.6 SMP very slow with ServerWorks LE Chipset
Arjan van de Ven wrote:
>> in UP config everything is OK in SMP the system slows right down,
>> I've been searching and recompiling my kernel for days looking for
>> the problem option without success, please help.
>
> does the linux-ready firmware kit work on this machine? (see url in
> sig), it might be something with the mtrr's, and the kit checks those...

It runs OK though the system seems to fail a lot of tests.
http://www.homeurl.co.uk/linuxfirmwarekit/results.xml
http://www.homeurl.co.uk/linuxfirmwarekit/resources.xml
infact the complete contents of the USB thumb drive are here
http://www.homeurl.co.uk/linuxfirmwarekit/

If you see my other post, booting in SMP and decompressing the kernel
tree on CPU 0 took 1m 35s, and CPU 1 still hadn't finished in 40m when I
killed it to run the LFDK.

I'm running the latest HP BIOS and I don't think it's possible to put
the ASUS one on, any idea what I can do to fix it?

Thank you for your help.

  Last update: 2006-12-08 06:53    [W:0.060 / U:1.424 seconds]