SubjectRe: single bit errors on files stored on USB-HDDs via USB2/usb_storage
Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:
> Hmmm. That's the only thing that i currently may be doing wrong.
> I have a 1,5 Meter and a 4,5 Meter cable connected to the USB-Controller
> and i only use of them depending on where the HDD is placed in my room,
> the other one is dangling unconnected.
> Then i will unconnect the short cable and use the long cable exclusivly
> and see if it gets better(tm).

That long cable could be part of the problem - I don't think the USB
specification allows for cables that long (something like a 6 foot max
as I recall).

Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from
Home Page: