SubjectRe: [git patch] improve INTx toggle for PCI MSI
2006/12/8, Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org>:

> On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> >
> > "it boots" on ICH7 at least.
>
> Ok. Pulled, pushed out.
>
> There was some noise saying that this may actually fix the problems with
> the NVidia "Intel HDA" sound situation? Can people who saw that issue try
> it out whether this just makes MSI works for them?
>
> Takashi added to the To: field, because he hopefully remembers and has a
> clue about the proper identities in question.. Iirc, you needed to have
> not only a NVidia chipset, but also have the legacy interrupt shared with
> some other device to see the problem.

Well, I'm on vacation now, so cannot answer much, too :)

IIRC, the problem was with HD-audio and network devices on Nvidia.
The explicit call of pci_intx() (currently implemented in hd-audio
driver locally) helped avoiding the orphan irq problem, but doesn't
fix the MSI problem itself. (Some might have been fixed indeed,
but I don't have reports in hands.)

Takashi

  Last update: 2006-12-08 04:03    [W:0.053 / U:0.064 seconds]