SubjectRe: [RFC] timers, pointers to functions and type safety
Date
Al Viro <viro@ftp.linux.org.uk> wrote:

> Guys, please, look at actual users of that stuff.

I've been and looked at every single user of work_struct in the kernel (at
least, I think I have), and 99% of those just expect data to be the container
of the work_struct or a data structure linked to it. I had to come up with a
way to deal with cases where data is something from which you can't derive
from the work_struct address, but I'm not sure how best to do that for timers.

I haven't, however, been and looked at timers, so I can't say what actually
applies there.

David

  Last update: 2006-12-06 11:23    [W:0.062 / U:4.484 seconds]