    Subjectownership/permissions of cpio initrd
    I'm working on an embedded system with the 2.6 kernel -- cpio
    initrd was a new feature I'm looking at (and very welcome).

    The major advantage I see is you don't have MAKE a filesystem
    on the build host (doing cross development). So you don't have
    to be root.

    But its "useful" to change permissions/ownership of the initrd
    files at times...

    Since a cpio is just a userspace created string of bits, I suppose
    you can apply a set of ownership/permissions to files IN the archive
    by playing with the bits...

    Does such a tool exist? Comments? Seems very useful in order to
    avoid being root...

    marty

      Last update: 2006-12-05 18:23    [W:0.029 / U:0.480 seconds]