    Subjectselect() to /dev/rtc to wait for clock tick timed out
    Date
    Hi,

    I have a Dell XPS M1210 notebook with 2.6.18 running on it.

    I've noticed that a recent BIOS upgrade (A03 -> A05) has started giving me this
    message on system boot when hwclock runs.

    select() to /dev/rtc to wait for clock tick timed out

    My machine has a dual-core Intel processor.

    A quick search revealed a workaround for hwclock to use the --directisa option.
    Also this bug seems to be generic to dual-core Intel processors as many other
    people also are facing the same issue on servers/desktops/laptops.

    Thanks,
    Ritesh
    --
    Ritesh Raj Sarraf
    RESEARCHUT - http://www.researchut.com

      Last update: 2006-12-29 21:49    [W:0.037 / U:0.108 seconds]