    SubjectRe: Network drivers that don't suspend on interface down
    On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 09:05:27PM -0500, Michael Wu wrote:

    > Softmac isn't the only wireless code that likes to be configured after going
    > up first. Configuring after the card goes up has generally been more
    > reliable, though that should not be necessary and is a bug IMHO.

    Ok, that's nice to know.

    > In order to scan, we need to have the radio on and we need to be able to send
    > and receive. What are you gonna turn off?

    The obvious route would be to power the card down, but come back up
    every two minutes to perform a scan, or if userspace explicitly requests
    one. Would this cause problems in some cases?

    Matthew Garrett |

      Last update: 2006-12-21 03:21    [W:0.044 / U:384.080 seconds]