    SubjectRe: Network drivers that don't suspend on interface down

    > Yeah, I guess that's a problem. From a user perspective, the
    > functionality is only really useful if the latency is very small. I
    > think where possible we'd want to power down the chip while keeping the
    > phy up, but it would be nice to know how much power that would actually
    > cost us.

    I'm no expert but afaik the PHY is the power hungry part, the rest is
    peanuts. So if we can get the PHY to sleep most of the time that would
    be great.

    --
    if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at) linux.intel.com
    Test the interaction between Linux and your BIOS via http://www.linuxfirmwarekit.org