    Subject[ANNOUNCE] util-linux-ng

    I'm pleased to announce a new "util-linux-ng" project. This project
    is a fork of the original util-linux (2.13-pre7).

    The goal of the project is to move util-linux code back to useful state, sync
    with actual distributions and kernel and make development more transparent end

    The short term goals (for 2.13 release):

    - remove all NFS code from util-linux-ng
    (/sbin/mount.nfs from nfs-utils is replacement)
    - remove FS/device detection code
    (libblkid from e2fsprogs or libvolumeid is replacement)
    - move as much as possible patches from distributions to upstream

    Mailing list:

    git clone git:// util-linux-ng

    [Note, GIT repo contains previous 47 versions of util-linux.]

    The mailing list or my private e-mail are open for your patches, ideas and
    suggestion. The mailing list is also place where you can help us review

    Karel Zak <>

      Last update: 2006-12-18 08:55    [W:0.019 / U:0.780 seconds]