SubjectRe: v2.6.19-rt6, yum/rpm
Hello everybody.

Ingo Molnar wrote:

> i have released the 2.6.19-rt6 tree, which can be downloaded from the
> usual place:

> http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/

[...]

> as usual, bugreports, fixes and suggestions are welcome,

Be aware that even with the newest -rt patch, the PowerPC TOD vsyscalls
are still broken, i.e. glibc may return imprecise/incorrect results for the
related calls -- despite arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c has been at last fixed to
at least compile, the PowerPC clocksource patch removed the important part of
TOD vsyscall support, and this hasn't been dealt with. I've sent to Thomas
Gleixner a patch removing the affected vsyscalls altogether for the time being
in the early November (unfortunately, I came to know of the breakage too late,
and hadn't time to deal with it propery due to othr woes), however, I'm not
seeing any of my patches (I've also done PowerPC clockevents support) merged
to -rt (or otherwise published). Most of the patches can be found in the
linuxppc-dev list archives, for the interested...

> Ingo

WBR, Sergei

  Last update: 2006-12-15 17:19    [W:0.117 / U:0.780 seconds]