SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] RAIF: Redundant Array of Independent Filesystems
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Nikolai Joukov wrote:

> We have designed a new stackable file system that we called RAIF:
> Redundant Array of Independent Filesystems.
>
> Similar to Unionfs, RAIF is a fan-out file system and can be mounted over
> many different disk-based, memory, network, and distributed file systems.
> RAIF can use the stable and maintained code of the other file systems and
> thus stay simple itself. Similar to standard RAID, RAIF can replicate the
> data or store it with parity on any subset of the lower file systems. RAIF
> has three main advantages over traditional driver-level RAID systems:

this sounds very interesting. did you see the paper on chunkfs?
http://www.usenix.org/events/hotdep06/tech/prelim_papers/henson/henson_html/

this sounds as if it may be something that you would be able to make a
functional equivalent to chunkfs with your raid0 mode.

David Lang

  Last update: 2006-12-16 01:27    [W:0.292 / U:0.196 seconds]