    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.20-rc1
    On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:50:14 -0500
    Bill Davidsen <> wrote:
    > Did I miss an alternate method of handling ftape devices, or are these
    > old beasts now unsupported? I occasionally have to be able to handle
    > that media, since the industrial device using ftape for control updates
    > cost more than a small house.

    Do you have hardware and the time to at least test cleanups ?

    > I can obviously keep an old slow machine to do the job, but I'd like to
    > know if I need to.

    The assumption was that since in 2.6 it was so ancient and unloved that
    nobody had even seen an ftape device this century. If it is still being
    used and you can test cleanups then the removal should be reverted

      Last update: 2006-12-15 18:23    [W:0.020 / U:9.220 seconds]