SubjectRe: [2.6.19] NFS: server error: fileid changed

--- Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no> wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 15:44 -0800, Martin Knoblauch wrote:
> > So far, we are only seeing it on amd-mounted filesystems, not on
> > static NFS mounts. Unfortunatelly, it is difficult to avoid "amd"
> in
> > our environment.
>
> Any chance you could try substituting a recent version of autofs?
> This
> sort of problem is more likely to happen on partitions that are
> unmounted and then remounted often. I'd just like to figure out if
> this
> is something that we need to fix in the kernel, or if it is purely an
> amd problem.
>
> Cheers
> Trond

Hi Trond,

unfortunatelly I have no controll over the mounting maps, as they are
maintained from different people. So the answer is no. Unfortunatelly
the customer has decided on using am-utils. This has been hurting us
(and them) for years ...

Your are likely correct when you hint towards partitions which are
frequently remounted.

In any case, your help is appreciated.

Cheers
Martin