SubjectRe: data corruption with nvidia chipsets and IDE/SATA drives // memory hole mapping related bug?!
Erik Andersen wrote:
> Doh! I have a Tyan S2895 in my system, and I've been pulling my
> hair out trying to track down the cause of a similar somewhat
> rare failure for the pre-computer sha1 of a block of data to
> actually match the calculated sha1. I'd been hunting in vain the
> past few days trying to find a cause -- looking for buffer
> overflows, non thread safe code, or similar usual suspects.
>
> It is a relief to see I am not alone!

^^

You might read my email and all links in it, etc. throughly,.. than you
can try what I did.

Please inform me about all your results, and about your specific
hardware (i.e. CPU type (with stepping and exact model), which harddisks
and so on).

Best wishes,
Chris.
begin:vcard
fn:Mitterer, Christoph Anton
n:Mitterer;Christoph Anton
email;internet:calestyo@scientia.net
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
version:2.1
end:vcard

  Last update: 2006-12-02 02:31    [W:0.113 / U:8.456 seconds]