    SubjectRe: [LinuxBIOS] #57: libusb host program for PLX NET20DC debug device
    On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 11:19:16AM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
    > Well, earlyprintk will not work, as you need PCI up and running.

    Not all of it though. LinuxBIOS will probably do just enough PCI
    setup to talk to the EHCI controller and use the debug port _very_
    soon after power on.

    > And I have some code that barely works for this already, perhaps
    > Eric and I should work together on this :)

    I would be interested in having a look at any code for it too.

    > Yes, that will work just fine today using the usb-serial generic
    > driver.

    Ugh. I did not know it was that generic. The irony is that I always
    ask other libusb users to check the kernel drivers to see if they
    really need to write a libusb app.

    > I'll knock up a "real" driver for the device later today and send
    > it to Linus, as it's trivial to do so, and will make it simpler
    > than using the module parameters.

    Awesome. Thanks!

      Last update: 2006-12-01 21:45    [W:0.026 / U:1.592 seconds]