SubjectRe: A proposal; making 2.6.20 a bugfix only version.
Date
Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 00:28 +0100, Diego Calleja wrote:

> > > this is where the OSDL Documentation Person will help a lot; a full
> > > time person.
> >
> > Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't be this fixed by just asking developers
> > to document their code?
>
> it's a matter of skills. Someone can be awesome at coding a feature but
> his english and writing skills may be waaaaay down there.

Yes, that's maybe part of the problem. Nevertheless I think we should reject
every patch that adds new functions of global use (everything that might get
called from outside this module) without proper kerneldoc comments on it. At
least everything that comes with EXPORT_SYMBOl_*.

I just remember that digging out all this cdev_* stuff from inside the code
was just pain. If your new feature is _that_ cool that it has to be
immediately merged than there will be surely someone out there to help you
with the documentation if your English is a bit poor. Someone has to review
that code anyway. If you can give him hints even in bad English what is going
on it will surely help him (or her) to understand what you're doing, review
your code and write up some nice comments to make life for the next one to
touch it a _lot_ easier.

Eike

  Last update: 2006-11-09 13:49    [W:0.041 / U:0.072 seconds]