current situation is bad and they want to contribute future
development.

My plan:

* create git repo (stable and unstable branches) at kernel.org
* create some web page with basic pkg description, TODO, changelogs
* open util-linux development for more people
* merge importantpatches from distros to the upstream code and
release 2.13 as stable
* prepare plans for future development:
- don't maintain duplicate code and use libblkid/libvolumeid only
- completely remove NFS code (we have nfs-utils and
/sbin/mount.nfs)
- write modular libmount and use it in other projects (am-utils,
autofs, mount.cif, mount.nfs, ...)
- ???

I've originally thought about util-linux upstream fork, but as
usually an fork is bad step. So.. I'd like to start some discussion
before this step. Maybe Adrian will be realistic and he will leave
the project and invest all his time to kernel only.

Karel

--
Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>