SubjectRe: [RFC/PATCH] - revert generic_fillattr stat->blksize to PAGE_CACHE_SIZE
Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 05:15:27PM -0600, Eric Sandeen wrote:
>>> I agree with the conclusion, but the patch is incomplete. You went down
>>> all the way to find out what the fileystems do in this messages, so add
>>> the hunks to override the defaults for non-standard filesystems to the
>>> patch aswell to restore the pre-inode diet state.
>> Well, agreed. I put 80% or more back to pre-patch state, but not all.
>> :) So it's less broken with my patch than without, so at least it's
>> moving forward. So... Ted's patches get in w/o fixing up all the other
>> filesystems (left as an exercise to the patch reader) but mine can't? :)
>
> It's because no reviwer noticed the breakage Ted put in ;-) I think if
> you really refused to do the remaining 20% we can try to pressured Ted to
> do it and if that doesn't work I'll just do it myself because I'll be
> tired of arguing at that point..

eh, I'll sign up to do it when I get a moment, I won't refuse :)

Just had to notice that 2 patches already went in without the
requirement to "fix everything else" :)

It would be nice to get the "fix most of it" patch in sooner than later,
though.

-Eric

  Last update: 2006-11-07 00:31    [W:0.070 / U:0.572 seconds]