SubjectRe: [RFC] dynsched - different cpu schedulers per cpuset
On 11/29/06, Paul Jackson <pj@sgi.com> wrote:

> Your dynamic scheduler mechanisms appear (from what I can tell after a
> brief glance) to be a candidate for being such a controller.

Possibly, if it was some kind of multi-level scheduler - i.e. a
top-level scheduler picks which container to run, and then a
configurable per-container scheduler picks a task from that container.

But (having glanced at the code even less than you) it sounded like it
was intended to be a single level scheduler, configured on a per-cpu
basis. In that case tying it to (exclusive) cpusets sounds like it
might be more reasonable.

Paul.

  Last update: 2006-11-30 09:11    [W:0.129 / U:1.896 seconds]