SubjectRe: [patch 1/4] - Potential performance bottleneck for Linxu TCP
From
From: Wenji Wu <wenji@fnal.gov>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:08:22 -0600

> If the higher prioirty processes become runnable (e.g., interactive
> process), you better yield the CPU, instead of continuing this process. If
> it is the case that the process within tcp_recvmsg() is expriring, then, you
> can continue the process to go ahead to process backlog.

Yes, I understand this, and I made that point in one of my
replies to Ingo Molnar last night.

The only seemingly remaining possibility is to find a way to allow
input packet processing, at least enough to emit ACKs, during
tcp_recvmsg() processing.

  Last update: 2006-11-30 21:09    [W:0.056 / U:4.760 seconds]