SubjectRe: 2.6.19-rc6-rt5
On 11/28/06, Lee Revell <rlrevell@joe-job.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 06:06 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > Ingo,
> > I started building the new kernels a few days ago with your
> > 2.6.19-rc6-rt0 announcement. The kernels have built fine but so far I
> > am unable to build the realtime-lsm package against them so no reason
> > to reboot.
> >
> > I know there were some comments awhile back about being required to
> > switch to PAM. Has that occurred?
> >
> > If not then there is a regression issue for realtime-lsm.
>
> As Realtime LSM is an out of tree module and there's no stable kernel
> module API it's impossible to prevent regressions.
>
> That being said, the realtime LSM patch is so simple that it should work
> - how exactly does it fail?
>
> Lee

Hi Lee,
The failure is a Gentoo sandbax failure. On the surface of it I
didn't really think it was a kernel problem but I know you've pushed
me to move to PAM telling me realtime-lsm wasn't going to work in the
future. I really just wanted to know that PAM was now a requirement
instead of only best practice.

Thanks,
Mark

  Last update: 2006-11-28 20:57    [W:0.078 / U:1.396 seconds]