    SubjectRe: [Linux-fbdev-devel] fbmem: is bootup logo broken for monochrome LCD ?

    > > Replace the below line in my patch I sent

    > > with
    > > val <<= shift;
    > > val |= color;
    >
    > I think it can't work since shift is 0 to 31, you'll end up with 'val
    > <<= 31' which I don't think is what you want.

    > doing
    > val <<= 1;
    >
    > make it works but it's still very fragile. Code which deals with
    > trailing bit seems bogus since new value of 'val' is simply discarded
    > here.

    I'm going to test the code in depth over the next few days. I managed to
    fix most of the problems with fast_imageblit. Now to fix the slow image
    blit code.

    > I'm wondering if working with 32 bits words really worth... I mean the
    > code is quite hard to follow because it needs to deal with endianess,
    > heading bits, trailings bits whereas working with 8 bits would be so
    > much easier, wouldn't it ? Are writings in video RAM very long ?

    Yes. We need to minimize the writes over the PCI bus. Its really really
    slow.

      Last update: 2006-11-27 17:07    [W:4.795 / U:2.764 seconds]