SubjectRe: [patch] PM: suspend/resume debugging should depend on SOFTWARE_SUSPEND
Alan wrote:
> Lots of other controllers don't work correctly on resume but thats much
> less of a problem and with UDMA misclocking generally turns into a CRC
> error storm and stop.
> Andrew has about 2/3rds of the bits I've done now, will push the rest
> when I've done a little more testing/checking. At that point libata ought
> to be resume safe. Someone who cares about drivers/ide legacy support can
> then copy the work over.

btw, I have some code almost ready for sata_nv to add proper
suspend/resume support. Unfortunately I have trouble testing it, since
STR doesn't work on my machine since, guess what - the video doesn't
come back! It doesn't even take the monitor out of standby mode. None of
the acpi_sleep options seem to work, and vbetool appears to helpfully
segfault on any operation so that's out. This is an NVIDIA SLI setup so
that probably makes things a bit more complicated.

In any case, it should be better than what we have right now for
suspend/resume support in sata_nv, namely the "do nothing, won't work
(at least not for CK804 and later)" implementation..

Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from
Home Page:

  Last update: 2006-11-26 08:17    [W:0.080 / U:74.552 seconds]