SubjectRe: OOM killer firing on 2.6.18 and later during LTP runs
> The traces are a bit confusing, but I don't actually see anything wrong
> there. The machine has used up all swap, has used up all memory and has
> correctly gone and killed things. After that, there's free memory again.

Yeah, it's just a bit odd that it's always in the IO path. Makes me
suspect there's actually a bunch of pagecache in the box as well, but
maybe it's just coincidence, and the rest of the box really is full
of anon mem. I thought we dumped the alt-sysrq-m type stuff on an OOM
kill, but it seems not. maybe that's just not in mainline.

>> This doesn't seem to happen every run, unfortnately, only
>> intermittently, and we don't have much data before that, so
>> hard to tell how long it's been going on.
>>
>> Still happening on latest kernels.
>> http://test.kernel.org/abat/62445/debug/console.log
>
> The same appears to have happened there too. Although it does seem to have
> killed a lot more than it should have.
>
> Has something changed in the configuration of that machine? New LTP
> version? Less swapsapce?

Difficult to tell, it's a fairly new box to the grid, so it seems to
have been doing that intermittently forever.

  Last update: 2006-11-25 22:41    [W:0.041 / U:0.556 seconds]