SubjectRe: [take25 1/6] kevent: Description.
Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
> Ulrich, why didn't you comment on previous interface, which had exactly
> _one_ index exported to userspace - it is only required to add implicit
> uidx and (if you prefer that way) additional syscall, since in previous
> interface both waiting and commit was handled by kevent_wait() with
> different parameters.

If you read my old mails you'll find that I'm pretty consistent wrt to
the ring buffer interface. The old code had other problems, not the
missing exposure of the uidx value.

There is really not much disagreement here. I just don't like the
interface unnecessarily and misleadingly large by exposing the uidx
value which is not useful to the userlevel code. Just remove the
element and stuff it into a kernel-internal struct for the queue and
you're done.