SubjectRe: [patch -mm] net namespace: empty framework
Quoting Dmitry Mishin (dim@openvz.org):
> On Wednesday 22 November 2006 19:41, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> > Quoting Cedric Le Goater (clg@fr.ibm.com):

> > > good. shall we merge it then ? see comment below.

> > > yeah it's a bit different from andrey's but not that much and it's more in
> >
> > Where is Andrey's patch?
> This thread - http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/42666

Thanks, Dmitry. Now I do recall seeing that before.

That patchset appears to go part, but not all the way to fitting in with
the existing namespaces. For instance, you use exit_task_namespaces() for
refcounting, but don't put the net_namespace in the nsproxy and use your
own mechanism for unsharing.

It really seems useful to have all the namespaces be consistent whenever
practical, and I don't think your patchset would need much tweaking to
fit onto Cedric's patch. Am I missing a complicating factor?

thanks,
-serge

  Last update: 2006-11-23 03:43    [W:0.081 / U:14.228 seconds]