SubjectRe: [patch -mm] net namespace: empty framework

> Where is Andrey's patch?

The last I saw was on 2.6.18-rc4-mm1 :

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-netdev&m=115572448503723&w=2

>> the spirit of uts and ipc namespace (and user namespace if that reaches the
>> kernel one day :) so that's why i made the small changes.
>
> I agree the namespace frameworks should be consistent, but i don't know
> whether Andrey's is or not. I'd like to have the framework included so
> we reduce the number of silly rewrites due to clone flag collisions etc.

yes. it is a pain to maintain.

>> It also helping the nsproxy/namespace syscalls to have a similar interface
>> to manipulate namespaces. who knows, soon we might be able to have a 'struct
>> namespace' with a ops field to define new namespace types ?
>>
>> I can also send a empty framework for user namespace ;)
>
> Please do - then I'll rebase the patchset I sent to the containes list
> onto your patch, and resubmit the whole userns.

I'll send a refreshed version of both in the next round.

C.

  Last update: 2006-11-22 18:01    [W:0.050 / U:0.512 seconds]