SubjectRe: [rfc patch] Re: sched: incorrect argument used in task_hot()

* Mike Galbraith <efault@gmx.de> wrote:

> One way to improve granularity, and eliminate the possibility of
> p->last_run being > rq->timestamp_tast_tick, and thereby short
> circuiting the evaluation of cache_hot_time, is to cache the last
> return of sched_clock() at both tick and sched times, and use that
> value as our reference instead of the absolute time of the tick. It
> won't totally eliminate skew, but it moves the reference point closer
> to the current time on the remote cpu.
>
> Looking for a good place to do this, I chose update_cpu_clock().

looks good to me - thus we will update the timestamp not only in the
timer tick, but also upon every context-switch (when we acquire
sched_clock() value anyway). Lets try this in -mm?

Acked-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu>

Ingo

  Last update: 2006-11-17 20:25    [W:0.079 / U:0.620 seconds]