Subjectfinding the network usage of a process
Hi,

Is there any method either kernel or user level which tells me which
process is generating how much traffic from a machine. For example if
some process is flooding the network, then I would like to know which
process (PID ideally), is generating the most traffic.

I dont require it to do this remotely, it should be run on the same
machine as that originates the traffic, additionally last time when I
asked a similar question people answered with stap modules, but I'm
using kernel 2.4.26 and I can't get SystemTap to compile on the system
with glibc-2.3.6.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Regards
Irfan

  Last update: 2006-11-17 14:39    [W:0.042 / U:0.112 seconds]