SubjectRe: [patch 2/2] enables booting a NUMA system where some nodes have no memory
Christian Krafft wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 16:57:56 -0800 (PST)
> Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com> wrote:

>>> yes. just fallback.
>> Ok, so we got a useless pglist_data struct and the struct zone contains a
>> zonelist that does not include the zone.
>
> Okay, I slowly understand what you are talking about.
> I just tried a "numactl --cpunodebind 1 --membind 1 true" which hit an uninitialized zone in slab_node:
>
> return zone_to_nid(policy->v.zonelist->zones[0]);
>
> I also still don't know if it makes sense to have memoryless nodes, but supporting it does.
> So wath would be reasonable, to have empty zonelists for those node, or to check if zonelists are uninitialized ?

You don't want empty zonelists on a node containing CPUs, else it won't
know where to allocate from. You just want to make sure that the zones
in that node (if existant) are not contained in *anyone's* zonelist.

M.

  Last update: 2006-11-16 16:53    [W:0.059 / U:2.428 seconds]