    SubjectRe: [patch 2/2] enables booting a NUMA system where some nodes have no memory
    Christoph Lameter wrote:
    > On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Martin Bligh wrote:
    >> A node is an arbitrary container object containing one or more of:
    >> CPUs
    >> Memory
    >> IO bus
    >> It does not have to contain memory.
    > I have never seen a node on Linux without memory. I have seen nodes
    > without processors and without I/O but not without memory.This seems to be
    > something new?

    A node was always defined that way. Search back a few years in the lkml
    archives. We may be finding bugs in the implementation, but the
    definition has not changed.

    Supposing we hot-unplugged all the memory in a node? Or seems to have
    happened in this instance is boot with mem=, cutting out memory on that

      Last update: 2006-11-15 23:49    [W:0.019 / U:39.652 seconds]