SubjectRe: Majordomo is an obsolete piece of junk and Kernel should not be running it!
On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Al Viro wrote:

> Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 05:41:24 +0000
> From: Al Viro <viro@ftp.linux.org.uk>
> To: Marc Perkel <mperkel@yahoo.com>
> Cc: David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
> Subject: Re: Majordomo is an obsolete piece of junk and Kernel should not be
> running it!
>
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 08:23:35PM -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:
>
> > This is the only list I get booted from so that makes
> > me think the problem is with the list and not with me.
> > It seems that you are also using 12 year old software
> > as well. Why not get something modern like Mailman
> > like most other lists use and then you don't have to
> > be watching the bounces?
> >
> > The problem is that you are running Majordomo which in
> > it's day was great, but is day has passed.
>
> Feel free to start your own maillist. And do whatever the bleeding
> fsck you want to do there.
>
> > The bottom line is that you keep booting me off for
> > minor problems.
>
> Such as being an obnoxious luser?
>
> > I would think that you should fix it.
>
> FWIW, so do I - and I'm amazed by the mildness of corrective
> measures taken so far.

I'd just like to point out how very broken your mail server has to be
before ending up dropped from the list. I've been dropped three times
that I can think of off the top of my head. Two were multi day outages of
my mail server and one was a serious misconfig that caused everything to
bounce for sereral hours.

Someone needs to suck it up and fix his mail server.

Gerhard

--
Gerhard Mack

gmack@innerfire.net

<>< As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.