SubjectRe: 2.6.19-rc4-mm1: noidlehz problems
On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 13:23 +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
> First, it would be nice if we had someone listed as a maintainer of
> noidlehz stuff...
> Then... I'm getting strange messages from noidlehz each time I
> unplug/replug AC power (perhaps due to interrupt latency?).

there probably is a different story going on.
When you unplug/replug AC power, several bioses change the meaning of
the software C-states in your system.
(there is a mapping between software visible C states and the hardware

In some (hardware) C-states, the local apic timer stops (as does the
TSC), while in others it keeps running. If you change from AC to
battery, the bios can change the meaning of a software C-state from one
where local apic timer keeps going to one where it stops. This obviously
upsets the hrtimers/tickless code since that uses local apic timer for
event generation....

if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at)
Test the interaction between Linux and your BIOS via