    SubjectRe: Using "Asynchronous Notifications" within an interrupt handler
    > My question is: is it safe to use the asynchronous notification
    > mechanism within an interrupt handler? I see that this call acquires a
    > bunch of locks before sending the signal to the process. Would this
    > cause any deadlocking situations? Or should I resort to the top and
    > bottom half approach for interrupt handling and handle the
    > notification in the bottom half?

    It may be possible - I have an old driver for custom hardware lying
    around here, and it does this in the irq handler:

    kill_fasync(&global.fasync_ptr, SIGIO, POLL_IN);

      Last update: 2006-10-06 07:45    [W:0.025 / U:8.576 seconds]