    SubjectRe: usb resets [Was Re: Merge window closed: v2.6.19-rc1]
    On Friday 06 October 2006 04:36, Uwe Zeisberger wrote:
    >Hello,
    >
    >Gene Heskett wrote:
    >> But once my usual .config was achieved, it back to business as
    >> usual, complete with my logs being littered with this message:
    >>
    >> Oct 5 11:14:40 coyote kernel: usb 3-2.1: reset low speed USB device
    >> using ohci_hcd and address 3
    >>
    >> This is my only (so far) minor nit to pick.
    >>
    >> [root@coyote linux-2.6.19-rc1]# lsusb
    >> [...]
    >> Bus 003 Device 003: ID 045e:008c Microsoft Corp.
    >> [...]
    >
    >I saw that, too. But I have
    >
    > zeisberg@cepheus:~$ lsusb
    > Bus 001 Device 002: ID 046d:c00b Logitech, Inc. MouseMan Wheel
    > Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    > Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    > Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    > Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    >
    >And whenever the reset occured, my keyboard produced mulitple key events
    >when a key was pressed.

    My keyboard, a ps2 microsoftie thats about got the legends worn from the
    keycaps, has not exhibited any such behaviour.

    >And since I didn't connect my usb cardreader anymore, the problem
    >disapeared. (Yes, it is not listed above. I'll try to find the time to
    >do some further testing.)
    >
    >> This started at about the same time I jumped from a 2.6.16-something to
    >> the 2nd rc of 2.6.18
    >
    >Same for me. (But at the same time I upgraded my machine from a Duron
    > 600 to a Pentium D 940. So I thought it has to do with that.)

    No hardware updates here recently, the most recent addition being a wap11
    for my lappy. And I believe that was up and running for at least 2 months
    before this started. Mobo is an older (now) biostar, gig of ram, XP-2800
    Athlon, 333 fsb. Accessory 4 port usb1.1 hub in front panel for usb
    expansion. 7 usb devices total. But only 5 are alive ATM, and one of
    those doesn't properly ID itself, a pl2303 usb-seriel adaptor thats
    plugged in but not in use. $40 and it doesn't honor flow control either
    style or way.

    Thanks Uwe.

    --
    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

      Last update: 2006-10-06 14:23    [W:0.037 / U:30.852 seconds]