    SubjectRe: wpa supplicant/ipw3945, ESSID last char missing
    From
    On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 03:20:06PM +0000, Alessandro Suardi wrote:
    > On 10/5/06, Jean Tourrilhes <jt@hpl.hp.com> wrote:
    > >On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 03:26:09PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > >>
    > >> The very fact that this turned into a discussion is a sign that the ABI
    > >> breakage wasn't handled well enough. Usually, when we do something,
    > >nobody
    > >> ever even notices.
    > >
    > > There was the grand total of *ONE* user who was personally
    > >impacted by the userspace API change (the two other, one was hit by a
    > >bug, now fixed, one was hit because of kernel API change + external
    > >driver). And I immediately proposed to postpone the change to a later
    > >time.
    >
    > And said user, being me, is currently running with upgraded userspace
    > without any issues (counting upgrading userspace as a non-issue).
    >
    > I originally logged my report as I do for other things that break or look
    > different in new snapshots, in order to provide early feedback to the
    > kernel developers - I guess it's the actual point of having snapshots
    > from kernel.org...

    Precisely. We are not omniscient. Based on your feedback, I
    decided to postpone WE-21.
    Your feedback was useful and appreciated. I will never blame
    the messenger.

    > Thanks, ciao,
    >
    > --alessandro

    Ciao...

    Jean

      Last update: 2006-10-05 18:41    [W:0.023 / U:1.384 seconds]