SubjectRe: Spam, bogofilter, etc
Linus Torvalds <torvalds <at>> writes:
> I'm sorry, but spam-filtering is simply harder than the bayesian
> word-count weenies think it is. I even used to _know_ something about
> bayesian filtering, since it was one of the projects I worked on at uni,
> and dammit, it's not a good approach, as shown by the fact that it's
> trivial to get around.

Have you actually followed any of the research into Bayesian (and similar
machine learning based) anti-spam filtering, and attacks on such filters? Are
you making a claim that these filters are 'trivial to get around' based on a
project you did at University over 10 years ago?

  Last update: 2006-10-03 10:19    [W:0.242 / U:0.168 seconds]