    SubjectRe: 2.6.18 BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 000,0000a
    Hello all,

    >> Is it? I don't recall us having established that. Does the machine run
    >> any earlier kernel without failing?
    > I am now trying to get a small disk that is not accessed via the pci ide
    > card, perhaps that brings more info.

    So, after testing two more days I can say the following:
    I mirrored the partitions from the 300gb drive to a 6gb one.
    The error does not occur on the small disk, neither when directly
    connected to the motherboard's ide channel, nor when used through the
    pci card (which was my hope). And although SMART says everything is ok,
    it seems to me as if the harddrive is broken somehow. Great.

    Thanks for all your help!

    --
    Regards/MfG,
    Christian Weiske

      Last update: 2006-10-03 16:23    [W:0.018 / U:0.304 seconds]