    SubjectRe: -W -Wno-unused -Wno-sign-compare compile flags
    On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 05:22:48PM +0300, predator@mt9.ru wrote:
    > Hello !linux-kernel
    >
    > Does anybody try to compile latest linux-kernel with -W
    > -Wno-unused -Wno-sign-compare CFLAGS? There is a tons of
    > warnings :(
    > Recent versions of grsecurity patches adds this flags to
    > default. When I asked to grsec developers, why did they do
    > that, they answered: to show, how messy linux code is...
    > Is there any objections about it?

    -W gives many warnings, some of them indicate possible improvements
    while some of them warn about things that are perfectly OK.

    While getting such warnings is a task that is sometimes worked on, it's
    neither realistic nor required to get all warnings with -W fixed.

    cu
    Adrian

    "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
    Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed