SubjectRe: -W -Wno-unused -Wno-sign-compare compile flags
On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 05:22:48PM +0300, wrote:
> Hello !linux-kernel
> Does anybody try to compile latest linux-kernel with -W
> -Wno-unused -Wno-sign-compare CFLAGS? There is a tons of
> warnings :(
> Recent versions of grsecurity patches adds this flags to
> default. When I asked to grsec developers, why did they do
> that, they answered: to show, how messy linux code is...
> Is there any objections about it?

-W gives many warnings, some of them indicate possible improvements
while some of them warn about things that are perfectly OK.

While getting such warnings is a task that is sometimes worked on, it's
neither realistic nor required to get all warnings with -W fixed.

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed