    SubjectRe: [0/3] 2.6.19-rc2: known regressions

    On Sun, 29 Oct 2006, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
    > I did search the archives, but it does seem to be the new one. r8169
    > network driver introduced in 2.6.19-rcX a set_mac_address function, which
    > doesn't work for me. It should resolve the bugreport
    > but, as you see from the
    > last comment from the original reporter and from my following comment, it
    > doesn't seem to. I think, it should either be fixed or reverted. My
    > test-system, was a ppc NAS (KuroboxHG):

    Can you please test the things that Francois asks you to test in the last

    That said, it does appear that the patch breaks things for some people,
    and the upsides seem very limited - only relevant when somebody tries to
    change the MAC address, which is not a very normal thing to do anyway.

    So maybe reverting it is the right thing to do. Guennadi, can you confirm
    that it is commit a2b98a69 ("r8169: mac address change support") that
    breaks it, and that reverting just that one commit fixes things for you?

    But please check the things that are suggested in the bugzilla entry

    Francois? Jeff?

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.054 / U:12.708 seconds]