    SubjectRe: AMD X2 unsynced TSC fix?
    On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 21:06 -0700, Andi Kleen wrote:
    > > So far, has I can understand. Seems to me that my computer which have a
    > > Pentium D (Dual Core) on VIA chipset, also have unsynchronized TSC and
    > > with the patch of hrtimers on
    >
    > Intel systems (except for some large highend systems) have synchronized TSCs.
    > Only exception so far seems to be a few systems that are
    > overclocked/overvolted and running outside their specification.
    > When you do that you'e on your own and we're not interested in a bug
    > report.

    and my computer :)
    http://www.asrock.com/product/775Dual-880Pro.htm
    http://www.asrock.com/support/CPU_Support/show.asp?Model=775Dual-880Pro
    Monday I will checkout if my computer is under specs.
    Seems that I like buy computers with many problems on Linux and fix :)

    > There was also one BIOS found that had this problem, but it was old and rare
    > and got fixed with a upgrade.
    >
    > > Just to point out. This could be more a problem of chipsets than CPUs
    > > (AMD or Intel). AMD just begin first using x86_64 archs :)
    >
    > No.
    >
    > -Andi

      Last update: 2006-10-28 06:27    [W:0.023 / U:61.620 seconds]