SubjectRe: [patch 3/3] mm: fault handler to replace nopage and populate
Dave Airlie wrote:
> On 10/7/06, Nick Piggin <npiggin@suse.de> wrote:
>
>> Nonlinear mappings are (AFAIKS) simply a virtual memory concept that
>> encodes the virtual address -> file offset differently from linear
>> mappings.
>>

> Hi Nick,
>
> what is the status of this patch? I'm just trying to line up a kernel
> tree for the new DRM memory management code, which really would like
> this...
>
> Dave.

Hi Dave,

Blocked by another kernel bug at the moment. I hope both fixes can
make it into 2.6.20, but if that doesn't look like it will happen,
then I might try reworking the patchset to break the ->fault change
out by itself because there are several others who would like to use
it as well.

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.