SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.19-rc3
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:22:59 -0700 (PDT), Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Ok,
> a few days late, because I'm a retard and didn't think of doing a release
> when I should have.
> I'm also a bit grumpy, because I think people are sending me more stuff
> than they should at this stage in the game. We've been pretty good about
> keeping the later -rc releases quiet, please keep it that way.
> That said, it's mostly harmless cleanups and some architecture updates.
> And some of the added warnings about unused return values have caused a
> number of people to add error handling. And on the driver front, there's
> mainly new driver ID's, and a couple of new drivers.
> Shortlog appended,
> (...)
> Auke Kok (1):
> e100: fix reboot -f with netconsole enabled

This one breaks power-off and reboot on my laptop (thanks to git
bisect for isolating it). The shutdown freezes after "Shutdown: hda" or
"Rebooting". SysRq-p says the CPU is idle. If you need additional
information on my config or want me to do more tests, just ask.

Adrian, you can add this to your list of known regressions.

Jean Delvare