SubjectRe: FDDI on Linux kernel 2.6
Ar Maw, 2006-10-24 am 13:19 +0200, ysgrifennodd Wouter de Waal:
> We here at CCII Systems are probably the only company in the world still
> actively involved with FDDI. The Linux Syskonnect FDDI driver needs a
> patch. I have no idea who to speak to, but the g over at osdl said I
> must ask here.

This is the right starting point. There is a network development list
that might be better but I think essentially you might as well own the
driver if nobody else is laying any claim to it any more.

> The second customer's problem could not be solved by the above. They
> eventually found that kernel 2.6 (specifically, 2.6.8) uses memory
> mapping, and that a check in the driver caused an exception because
> of the length of the PCI region being 2048 and not 16384 (0x4000).
> The customer reports that changing the compare to
>
> >if (len < 2048) {
>
> fixed the problem for them.
>
> Can this patch be applied to the kernel please?

I suspect the correct check is (len < FP_IO_LEN)

Either you or your customer can send patches versus a current kernel to
update the driver.

Alan

  Last update: 2006-10-24 16:01    [W:0.073 / U:0.224 seconds]